One of the most exciting events in the state, Arizona Bike Week Cyclefest, returns to Scottsdale this year on April 2 and continues through April 6.
Organizers are expecting nearly 60,000 people to attend the sensational gathering, and all motorcycle enthusiasts are encouraged to ride into town and stay at one of the fine local hotels, such as the Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites.
Enjoy Daily Events at Cyclefest
In addition to the charity rides, factory demo rides, vendors and attractions, several nationally recognized stars are slated to appear throughout Bike Week. The event kicks off on March 29 with the 2nd Annual Tillman’s Pre-Rally Ride at 9:00 a.m. and is followed by seven other rides:
- Wednesday, April 2 – Peace Out Prostate Cancer Ride
- Thursday, April 3 – Ninth Annual T-Bar Trail Ride, Helping with Horsepower Ride and Drive
- Friday, April 4 – Saddle Up for Kids Ride, Fourth Annual Hamsters Charity Dry Heat Run
- Saturday, April 5 – Hand in Hand Ride Benefitting Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Sunday, April 6 – Third Annual Sons of Anarchy Crusaders for the Children Child Empowerment Ride
Other events scheduled for Cyclefest include several top concerts at the RockYard:
- April 2 – 74th Street Band, Aaron Lewis
- April 3 – Psychobilly Rodeo Band, Big & Rich
- April 4 – Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Lynyrd Skynyrd
- April 5 – Trailer Park, ZZ Top
- April 6 – Don’t Look Back
Rallies and concerts are not the only attractions. Bike Week participants will enjoy several motorcycle-related events that are to be held every day of Cyclefest:
- Daily – FMX Freestyle Motocross Extreme Stunt Shows, Yo’ Face Stunt Shows, Team AZ Demos
- April 3 – Miss Arizona Pageant, Tribute to Jack Estes
- April 4 – Jay’s Games
- April 5 – Bike Games, Inaugural BadAZ Bike Show, Fourth Annual Baddest Bagger in Arizona Show, The World Famous Saturday Night Contest
- April 6 – Sons of Anarchy Special Appearance
Finally, attendees will have a chance to visit a large selection of vendor booths in several categories, including all of the following: jewelry, clothing and accessories, motorcycle manufacturers, parts dealers, tattoo artists and customization specialists. http://www.azbikeweek.com/events.htm
Cyclefest runs from April 2 to April 6 at WestWorld, which is located at 16601 N. Pima Rd. Five-day event tickets can be purchased for $50, and single-day tickets are available for the following prices:
- April 2, 3 – $20
- April 4, 5 – $25
- April 6 – $15
Children under 12 receive free admission every day.
Where to Stay for Arizona Bike Week
Attendees may stay in one of two campgrounds at Cyclefest. The dry RV camping includes RV space near showers and restrooms, but neither electricity nor water is available. Tent camping spaces are 10 ft. by 10 ft. and include coffee and breakfast.
It is recommended, however, that attendees stay in one of Scottsdale’s comfortable and affordable hotels, such as Best Western Plus Thunderbird Suites. Thunderbird Suites is located at 7515 East Butherus Drive, Scottsdale, AZ, 85260. This Best Western Plus hotel has been voted the best hotel value in the city and provides several amenities, including a heated pool, hot tub, two-room suites, free breakfast and complimentary wireless Internet.