All of your senses will be awakened when you arrive at the 2015 Arizona BBQ Festival. Who doesn’t love great BBQ brisket, tender baby-back ribs and perfectly seasoned BBQ chicken? You don’t have to go to Memphis or Kansas City to get amazing BBQ. Your nose will tell you that you have found the right place to feast on amazing smoked meats.
There will be both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages served. Live bands, games, competitions, and even a beauty contest will all be part of the jam-packed schedule of events. Bring your appetite and bring your energy. Enjoy it all!
Attending the Festival
On May 2, 2015, the first Saturday in May, be among the thousands in attendance at the Arizona BBQ Festival on the Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. Located at 7555 N. Pima Road in Scottsdale, the Festival is only a short 17 minute drive from our Thunderbird Suites hotel. Gates open at noon and the event winds up at around 10 pm.
General admission is just $12 and that entitles you to listen to all of the bands, watch or participate in the contests and competitions, and of course, partake in the food and drink. Kids 12 and under get free general admission. Parking is free.
If you want to go for the VIP ticket, it will cost you $60. For that money you get 5 drinks (a $30 value), $8 in food tokens, and the $12 general admission. You also get seating next to the main stage and the use of private potties.
You won’t be disappointed no matter what type of BBQ you choose to sample. More than 20 expert pitmasters from all around the state of Arizona will be cooking up brisket, ribs, pulled pork and more. Indulge in the main course, but also leave room for your favorite sides like corn on the cob and homemade coleslaw.
There will be plenty of cold beer and other spirits served on the grounds to help get you into party mode. For those not old enough to drink, or who prefer not to drink, non-alcoholic beverages will be available.
Kids under 12 have their own private little village where they can romp about and burn off some of that youthful energy. The Kid Zone includes a bouncy house, rides, games, and other fun attractions.
What would a BBQ Festival be without crazy Redneck games? Boring. Well, don’t worry. The 2015 Redneck games are open to anyone over the age of 18. You don’t have to be the best athlete or the most skilled. All you need to do is try. Contests include arm wrestling, watermelon seed spitting, cow milking, toilet seat horseshoes, cherry pie eating and much more. Cowboys and Cowgirls can ride the mechanical bull and ladies can strut their stuff on stage in the Daisy Dukes & Cowboy Boots Beauty Contest.
Music, Music, Music!
Six great bands based in Arizona will be performing for you all throughout the day.
• Honeygirl is a local Phoenix band that plays original rocking country music and also performs some of the classic Country Rock hits of the biggest stars.
• Laura Walsh, an Arizona native, is a rising Country Music star. Less than three years after launching her career she has performed with stars like Miranda Lambert and Sugarland.
• Ashley Wineland is just 16 but she has the talent to go far. You’ll enjoy her!
• The Troubadour Experience is a fantastic George Strait Tribute Band. If you like hearing hits like All My Exes Live in Texas and Ocean Front Property, you’ll love this band.
• The Tommy Ash Band is named after it’s female lead vocalist. Her influences are some of Country’s all time best performers including, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline.
• Neon Circus is acknowledged as the nation’s top Brooks & Dunn Tribute Band.
If you’d like to hear more about the Arizona BBQ Festival ask a local. Any of our friendly staff members would be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
6th Annual Arizona BBQ Festival (restaurantliveaz.com)